So, it’s the end of the school holidays, and I’ll bet all of you parents out there have been loving the time you’ve been able to spend with the kidlets!
All the playing on the beach, all the getting little darlings on the aeroplane, all the days out at farms petting the animals – that time is now over (for a while at least).
Most companies are now far more attuned to their employees (both men and women, thank goodness) having to take time out during the school holidays – which is great, as I’m old enough to remember when it was a real problem. But, there is still a huge reliance on grandparents, friends and neighbours and general goodwill to get through such a long break.
As a non-parent, I am always amazed at how families manage during the summer holidays and the number of fantastic places they get to go to. Kids need loads of entertaining, so I can also only imagine the cost of those 6 weeks off!
So hats off to all of you parents returning to (relative) normality – from what I hear from most of my friends, you can’t wait to get back to it!
Time to reflect
Spending time with loved ones is a great time to reflect upon your job and career prospects. With routines back to normal, now is a great time to refresh that CV and start, or restart, that job search with fresh eyes.
Top tips for putting together a good Sales or Marketing CV
- Don’t write it like you’re chatting to someone – bullet points, please.
- If you have a good education – shout about it – top, front and centre.
- Sales and marketing are about showing people what you have done – tough on a CV, but after every job role, try to give a swift example of where you have had success and how you achieved it.
- If you are coming to the market with loads of relevant experience, make sure it’s on your CV, but cut back on the info about when you may have been a lifeguard in the summer holidays 10 years ago!
- Cheer about yourself – don’t be shy and tell those potential new employers what they’re missing out on.
For a confidential chat about current or upcoming opportunities, call us on 01844 260717 or contact us here.